Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve 2000 EC8602

Status
Not open for further replies.

efrenee

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
US
Problem: I have Arcserve 2000 running on a Win2k SP4 server backing up Exchange 2000 directories and information stores from 14 file servers (mixed NT4 and 2K), which is configured to run on GFS mode. For about 2 weeks now I have been having "EC8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME= , EC= )" errors showing up on my activity logs. These errors are showing up despite successful backups of all exchange directories and information stores specified in the 14 aforementioned servers.

What I have done: I have checked all the permissions several times, repackaged the job, rebooted the server… to no avail.

Interesting fact: A redundant system running Arcserve 2000 on NT4.0 SP6A server backing up exactly the same sources (exchange directories and information stores) in the same, identical configuration is not having this problem.

It appears to me that Arcserve on the Win2K server has introduced a phantom directory/database that it cannot open and gives me this error code.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks…

Thanks but my problem is slightly different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back