Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCServe 2000 EC=-2005 Database Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

swescott

MIS
Mar 27, 2002
US
Installed ARCServe 2000 AE on NT4.0 Svr SP6. Double checked ARCserve backup user permissions/rights, set to Full Control. Receiving error "E4101 Unable to login to the databse engine. (Database=ARCSERVE, EC=-2005)" and " E3530 Failed to login to the database. (ED=-2005)".

Already loaded SP3 from CA and double-checked the permissions. I could really use some help with this issue.

Stefanie

Hy
The problem looks like an failure in your Arcserve
Database you can check the Database with DB
tool from Arcserve,

the failure is mostly in Database "astpsdat".
You can create an new Database with ServerAdmin
Initalisize Database.
Hope this helps !

Hi, I've just solved such problem.
Check ODBC connection to your database. Standard DSN name is ASNT. I changed the login to ARC Service Account. Second thing - give this login DBO privilage on the asdb database.

Regards,
Hasz

Many thanks, I'll be trying both of your suggestions!

Stefanie

I really need some help here... I just showed up to work today to find out that last night's backup didn't work. When I look in the log I see this:

E4101 Unable to login to database engine. (DATABASE=ARCSERVE, EC=-2005)

When I look at the database window there is nothing there! Job Records, Media Records, Device Records... the whole thing is blank.

Any ideas what the heck happened? Did I just loose my arcserve database somehow? Please help... no permissions or anything like that changed and it worked fine yesterday.

Thanks.

Did you try stopping and starting all the Arcserve services. If this still does not work, initialize the database. The database could be corrupt.

Yeah, the database was totally messed up. The drive had run out of space... fun.

I restorred up the arcserve database and now everything's working fine. Thank you for you help.

Hi,

This error is specific to an Environment Variable..

Please verify if you have a system variable called
RNNAME with the value set to the name of the server...

E.g RNNAME = server1

And a User variable called
CATPATH

e.g CATPATH = D:\Program Files\ComputerAssociates\ARCserve\DATABASE

Would will have to reboot your server after you do this..

Cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back