Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 - E3855 MESSAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul100

MIS
Jul 25, 2001
AU
Greetings, I am using Arcserve 2000 Version 7.0 on a Domex DMX 3940U2w SCSI Card to an External Sony SDT-D11000 Tape drive. When I use this combination I get an error Message (E3855 Unable to position media EC=CONTROLLER FAILURE OR HARDWARE ERROR). This only applies when trying to do a backup. However if I change the SCSI card to an Adaptec (AHA-2940U2W) there is no problem. Can somebody assist me in finding the problem with the Domex card to enable this to work.

Thanking you in advance

Paul

The Adaptec 2940U2W is supported.

The Domex is not supported according to the certified device list.

Now, this doesn't mean it wont work. Try updating to the latest drivers for the domex adapter, and also make sure your not loading drivers for the tape drive in windows. Check the SCSI ID settings on the card and make sure that the cards own designated SCSI ID does not conflict with the Tape device.

Hope this helps,

g

G,
unfortunaletly I have tried all of these ideas, and this includes, service pack 3 for Arcserve, plus the latest drivers for the SCSI card. Arcserve have been not been exactly jumping over themselves for a resolution.

I am a bit loave to change these cards unless there is no other way. Any other ideas come to mind...?

Paul

hi

i have the same problem

HP Surestore T20
ArcServIT Adv 6.6

do you have solfed the problem?

please contact me at lopez@ejected.de

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back