Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

arcserve 2000 database error

Status
Not open for further replies.

btap

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2001
CA
I have arcserve 2000 workgroup edition (build1018) on a windows nt 4 server sp6 and my backup says that it is successfull, all engines are working no nt errors but in the job summary i have the error stating that "failed to login to database engine" EC-2005. i can restore via backup media but not by session, this is blank. I now have .cat files in my arcserve/temp directory. I have checked the security account and that doesnt seem to be the problem , i think its a corrupt database but how do i fix it, i have a bunch of files such as dbcheck.exe,dbclean.exe, in my arcserve folder but i'm just looking for insight before i try running these applications. thanks again for any help

Hello,
have a look into your environment variables. Is the entry under &quot;RNNAME=<server name>&quot; matching with your local machines' name? If not, change it. Is the path to your &quot;cat files&quot; within the arcserve directory correct? However, you should apply SP2 for arcserve2000.

&quot;failed to login to database engine&quot; EC-2005
This message appears when data is requested from the database. Change the database engine to login as an admin user or the arcserve user. Look in arcserve\temp and you will find tons of cat files, once the engine security is sorted these will start to disapear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back