Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Backup agent: failed to add SYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan2772

MIS
Jul 19, 2001
US
Hey I have another interesting problem. Now I am getting and error when trying to configure the Microsoft Exchange Backup agent I get this error: "Failed to add SYSTEM privilege to the specified account, EC=%d, EC=1314. I am using Arcserve 2k 7.0 and Exchange 5.5 sp2.

I hate to tell people how to patch their systems. In many cases there's a good technical foundation for such a decision, like the O2ksp2. I still haven't bothered diggin around all the security permissions to obtain credentials anywhere near to what they were before the sp2.

In any event, the agent requires your Exchange 5.5 to be at least SP3.

James.Horvath@truedatasan.com
True Data Storage Networks., Inc.
CA Storage Solutions Provider
StorageTek Authorized Dealer

I installed sp3 and it still is not working. It was working with sp2 and now it doesn't work. I am wondering what I could have changed to create this error. Any insight would be great.

I just tried to configure my ArcServe2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 and received the EXACT same message. I even tried giving rights to Act as Part of the OS and Log On as a Service, but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back