Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Alert by E-Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvie99

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
DE
Hello
I use Arcserve 2000 and would like to receive over the Alert manager an E-Mail, in order to be informed about events, which arise during the safety device. I already tried to send a Testmail to my Mailbox. It doesn't work.
In Technical support of Computer Associates I read that the machine, on which the Alert manager is installed must be in the same domain, as the Exchange server. Unfortunately our Exchange 5.5-Server is installed in another domain than the server, on which Arcserve runs. What do I have to do, so that the Alert service functions and send me an E-Mail?

Greeting Sylvie99

Hi
In your case I think better to use SMTP ,if you are uisng win2000 install IIS and configure SMTP.

regards
mohamdr

Hi mohamdr,

i am using win2000. IIS is installed, but I don't know how to configure it. Could you tell me where I can find something about it? Where do I have to make settings in Arcserve Alert manager?

regards
sylvie99

Go to the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, and click on Services. Scroll through the list until you find "Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP)". Right-click on in and click Start (it may already be started, in which case the start option would be grayed out). Now that SMTP is activated, open up the job(s) you want to have alerts on. Click on Option and go to the Alerts tab. In Methods & Recipients, click on configure. Find SMTP in that list, highlight it, and under Recipient, click Add. Now just enter your e-mail address and your name. Click OK. Save the configuration (i.e. email technician). Add an event you want to be e-mail for (i.e. Job Failed), select the method (email technician), and click Add.

Hi,
the service SMTP ist started. But in Methods & Recipients i have no SMTP. I have the following points:
Broadcast, Pager, SNMP, EVENT, Printer, E-Mail, Lotus Notes, Unicenter TNG.
I've already tested E-Mail but I received no Mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back