Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve 15 new install Help! Cannot see tape drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anndy

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have an HP DL380 G6 with a SCSI P410i controller and a SAS expansion card connected to a Quantum SupperLoader3 LTO4 tape drive. I’ve run Microsoft NTBackup and save a directory to tape and this worked. The Device manager and Computer management also see the tape drive. RSM has been disabled. When I open ARCserve device configuration and look in enable/disable devices (for RSM) it sees the Quantum LTO4 tape drive on Board:2, Bus:7, SCIS ID:0, LUN:0 but ARCserve device manager does not. Drivers and firmware are all up to date.

Is there a service that needs to run that I've missed?

Hello,

Thanks for the response

The Device Manager sees the Medium Changer as a Quantum LTO SuperLoader and the Tape Drive as a Quantum LTO 4 tape drive.

Talking with Quantum tech support, they say that the RAID controller (Smart Array P410i with a SAS expansion card) is not supported. Their compatibility guide says the interface needs to be SAS, no cards listed. Quantum tech support recommended a HP SC44Ge, which is a PCI-Express HBA that only supports RAID 0 or 1. My next question is if I remove the SAS expansion card and add the SC44Ge card will this affect the P410i RAID 5 setup.

That question should be directed to HP.

In general it is not a good idea to share a controller between disk and tape.

Hello,

Talked with CA support and they told me to run MS hotfix 943545. This worked, everything is good in my world.

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back