Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 12.0 Cleaning Tape Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadler

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
I upgraded from Arc 11.5 to 12.0 in doing so, the cleaning tape is no longer recognized, nor is there a location to tell it there is a cleaning tape in the drive. Instead the HP Ultrium Auto Loader and Arc say its Invalid Media. I spoke with CA and they said 12 pulls from the tape device to tell ARC its a cleaning tape. Usually via the Drive's GUI interface of some sort. This tape drive doesnt have that. It is connected directly to the backup server via a SCSI cable only software for the HP Ultrium 3 is the Storageworks utility to test and diagnose issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

New to version 12, multiple cleaning slots are supported as well as the ability to automatically rotate the use of different cleaning tapes.

Cleaning tape location can be specified via selecting specific slots or a barcode prefix.

When barcode is used to identify cleaning tapes the cleaning tape can be moved to any slot and that slot will automatically be identified as reserved for a cleaning tape.

To access these configuration settings go to the Device window, right click on the library, select Library Properties and then the Cleaning tab.

Thanks that was it..do you know the Techs at CA couldnt tell me that. LOL anyway David Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back