Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCServe 11 Windows User Authentication Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

spelltoronto

Technical User
Apr 25, 2005
US
Hi,

I'm trying to do a fresh reinstall of ARCServe 11 for Windows on a a W2K AD domain server, and when I get to the install stage where it asks for a caroot password, it takes that fine. But, at the next step when it asks for a domain account and password for ARCServe to use, I always get errors basically saying ARCServe doesn't like the username/password.

I've tried the domain admin account, creating a new account and adding to the admin group, backup group, etc....but no luck. I've checked my passwords multiple times to make sure i'm not fat fingering anything, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Here is the error message I get when I try to add an authenticated user on the install, after giving the caroot password:

"failed to check brightstor arcserve backup user account. the password is not valid for this user.

run cstop/cstart on the affected server to recycle the services - including the auth process which may have got hung up. If you hsve the auth being done on another server, you may need to cycle the services in the same way on that one too.

Thanks for the replies.

So I run cstop/cstart on the domain server that I want to install ARCServe on? This error happens on the initial Install wizard for ARCServe for Windows 11.

I tried domainname\usernam before with no luck. There are seperate fields for domain, username, password during the initial installation and account setup.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back