Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 11 installed on an NT Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzzzzzzzzza

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2004
CY
Can Arcserve 11 be installed on a Windows NT 4 (SP6) Server? According to CA only W2K, XP and W2K3 are supported.

Looks like that is correct. I don't know if it because certain features will not work or if it will not run at all. Your only option is to try it and see if you really want to run it on NT 4.0. Here is the list of OS's
Backup Server
Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
Windows 2003 Standard Edition
Windows Storage Server 2003
Windows Powered NAS
Windows 2000 Advanced Server 32-bit
Windows 2000 Server 32-bit
Windows 2000 Professional 32-bit
Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium/Standard
Windows Small Business Server 2000
Windows XP Professional 32-bit

MS is dropping NT 4.0 support, so newer versions of ARCserve will not support NT 4.0 as a backup server...

I have tested ArcServe 11 client agent and BAOF on an NT 4.0 SP6a box successfully. I haven't run the Manager piece yet though.

The base product of ARCserve v11 (server/manager) is not supported on NT4 anymore. All client agents, open files agents and database agents are still supported on NT4. So as long as your backup server is W2K or above you can run v11 in NT4 environments.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back