Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCSERVE 11 - Image backup / restore 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandyl

Technical User
Sep 15, 2004
US
This is my first attempt at backing up and restoring a server using the image backup option.
We are trying to back up the D$ drive on a Win2k3 server and it appears to be completing successfully.
However, when we try to restore the image, it looks as though we actually backed up the D$ drive of the backup server itself!

Any ideas as to what we could be doing wrong?

The Image Option is only used for local backups. You cannot use it for remote backups. According to the Image Option Guide:

Important! You must install the option and BrightStor ARCserve Backup on the same machine.

If you created a backup job for a remote machine and enabled the Image Option then you backed up the remote machine through normal methods and the drive(s) on the local machine using the Image Option.

Thanks for your help. I found that info shortly after I posted this message. It looks like this is the standard for most (if not all) imaging solutions. The software must be locally installed on each server to be imaged.

Hi,

do you need to purchase a special agent to do a image with v11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back