Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 11.5 sp2 jobs hang / loss of filers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikeX

MIS
Apr 10, 2003
US
We have arcserve 11.5 sp2 and the past 4 nights a little after midnight, we would had 3 jobs running; 1 ndmp nas backup backing up a netapp filer snapshot; a multiplexing job that had already completed 4 of its server and was in process of running 3 current multiplexing job; and a job that was just calculating the amount for the tapes.

There are no errors and nothing that indicates an issue other then the jobs go to sleep. We could cstop/cstart or bounce the server and then jobs would run fine...

Last night we bounced server and lost the drives from library. Been working with CA since 4am this morning and they have nothing... contacting SUN/STK for library checkout and NETAPP for Switch checkout...
Anybody have any suggestions... we are just throwing darts, and have tried several things... so give me your best thoughts... as I am hurting here.

I'm almost certain multiplexing is NOT supported with NAS streams - ask CA specifically about this - they may have overlooked this.

Well... it appears to be fixed...
The problem, we are assuming is that there was a bad date on the library... its the only thing we changed...then bounced everything for the 30th time and all started working.

We have been running multiplexing jobs with our NDMP NAS option jobs for over a year... with no issues.

We worked with a 3 - 4 really decent techs from CA on the issue and they came up with nothing.. no real errors that applied to this problem. The date on the library was caught as an after thought by the Sun/STK tech...
But it was the magic bullet... we were down for over 20 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back