Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 11.5 SP1 E1516

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjfbcn

MIS
Apr 19, 2006
ES
Hi, I'm getting the error in the Arcserve logs:
E1516 [DATASTAGING] cannot query the database

The version is Arcserve 11.5 SP1 E1516 over Windows Server 2003.

I don't use SQL Server, Should I initialize the database or could I repair this error?

Thank you,

Initialize the database and move to SQL asap.

Keep in mind that initializing the database forces you to delete session files from the disk staging device (FSD) manually. This reason for this is that with an initialized (ie. empty) database ARCserve no longer holds track of the sessions that need to be purged. This cannot be resolved by simply merging the FSD backup into the database.

I'm not sure whether Sp3 resolves corruption of the database yet, that's why I advise you to move to MSSQL

Well, you may try to repair your DB with velocis db tools, but I bet they won't repair anything an will last for ages.

You can try :
net stop casdbengine
del database\r*.*
net start casdbengine

Then run dbfix, dbdefrag, keybuild.

Or you can use an empty DB, recreate your pools if any and recreate FSD, to restart on a clean basis.

Regards.

Cyclops Was faster than me :p

SP3 includes a fix to correct DB corruption when backing up BAB DB.
But I have to agree, mssql is way more stable.

Thank you guys for the quickly information, but by the way I don't want to buy a SQL Server license so I'll try with SP3.

Had the same issue. Did not have my 11.5 key to install but had the 11.1 key. Preformed the 11.1 install on an XP SP2 box. Stopped the services(CSTOP)on the W2K3 SP1 AS 11.5 box. Renamed the DB folder to old_database. Copied the 11.1 DB folder over. Then fired up the services (CSTART)and worked like a champ!!!!

NOTE: Make sure you give the new instace of the AS DB the same passwords as the DB thats corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back