Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 11.5 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kracker1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2005
US
Im am running into this error, it is random on a few backup jobs but not others running on the the same Tape Drive

E3402 03/26/2007 03:02:06 AM 1049 Unable to create file. (FILE=E:\BrightStor ARCserve Backup\TEMP\BCK1135.tmp, EC=SHARING VIOLATION) It looks like when I go into the Temp dir and delete these files I can then re-run the job. Has anyone run into this problem before?

Check the directory when no jobs are running to make sure the directory is empty.

Possibly some other application is locking these files.

I have cleared the temp dir deleted the job and re-created the job run it and have the same error. Im am going to move these jobs to a different backup server and see what happens.
thanks Davidmichael
Hey while im typing, I have recently upgraded 11.5 with SP2 it seems that after installing this SP2 it has blown away the caroot password. In server admin when I try to enter it back in, it will not accept anything. Have you seen this issue arise?

I had that problem with the caroot password, the 11.5 SP2 install blanks the password. so if you entered nothing as a password it would let you log into the manager.

I normally just change it back to how it was though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back