Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 11.1 - This device may be being used by another application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2005
GB
Hi, I have an IBM x236 server with 2003 and an IBM Ultrium LTO2. After I install arcserve (11.1) and try to access the device, I get the message above. It's a new server, running Domino 6.x and nothing else apart from Arcserve ?
Any ideas ?

meant to say - I've tried the latest drivers from IBM and the drivers that came with the device - no luck

Can the OS level driver for the tape drive - ARCserve does not need it. See TEC342813 on SupportConnect.ca.com for more information.

We have a similar problem. Stopping and starting the Tape Engine fixes it. I have learned to do it anytime the server is rebooted.

Finally fixed this problem with a Firmware Update for the drive from IBM's website

Looks like it was the Removable Storage service. Set it to maual and no longer have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back