Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserv not able to locate media and therefore stops the run

Status
Not open for further replies.

cweems

Technical User
Jun 14, 2001
US
Has anyone had the problem of ARCserv not being able to locate next blank media? Then the ARCserv application stops the run, when the system has inventoried several blanks and has seen them at least one time?

If so my question is "have you been able to prove whether the cause of the problem was the tape library system or the ARCserv software?

I have also had the "unable to locate media" or "mount next blank tape" messages and the system just held the job until I inserted another tape in the library and typed OK in the prompt-for-service dialog box. Again there were inventoried blanks
available to ARCserv.

Thanks to the family for your assistance.

Chris Weems

Hi DDaily,

What's the brand name on the first 150 tapes? Did you get different brand of tapes for the next 200 tapes?

I noticed some of the drives actually only work with certain brand tapes...

FelixM,

Look closely in the activity log it should indicate errors over there.

I looked up the tips on database maintenance and they're only for pre-Arcserve 6.61 RAIMA databases. None of the tools seem to convert to newer versions of Arcserve. Any way to fix a VLDB database or SQL Server databases? I've tried doing some SQL Server maintenance but haven't come across anything that works yet...

Hello,

I had a similar problem with arcserve not able locate blank media. I have a Dell Poweredge server using a Sony TSL9000 tape libary. I found on the Dell web site that there is a conflict between the tape drive and the built in SCSI adapter that ships with the server. Dell have new drivers on there web site for the SCSI adapter(sorry don't have the link as this was some months ago). I know that this is a very specific fix but it worked for me.

Hope this helps

Tim Aitken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back