Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

archiving old data when entering new data

Status
Not open for further replies.

northstar1128

Technical User
Sep 15, 2003
US
Hi,
I am a very new FM user who's been elected to create a library circulation program to be used yesterday. Patience is not of virtue at the moment.

I have the general layout using some of the asset management from the FM webpage templates.

I'm not familiar at all with scripts/portals/containers. If anyone is able to help me it would be so appreciated. This is what I have going so far. And if it would be of help to send you what I have I can do that too. I'm computer literate, just not programming literate.

I have a check out check in page that I put in the Book number in, description, person's name ect. I have a calculation for 15 days check out and then in the Overdue field it say yes for overdue. One of the bigger problems is when I check it in it creates it as another record. If I have 6 books checked out, and I check one in, I want it to say 5 for the number of records. I would like it to archive the check out data. Whenever I check in a book I want it to go to that archive. That is just one of my many questions, but that is the major one at the moment. I am trying to get the check in check out, and overdue taken care of before I move on to the other things.

Sorry for the long explanation.

Hoping for help.
Thanks
Janet

Hi Janet!
scripts/portals/lookup fields is......unfortunatly...what u need unless u want to manually change the number of books by typeing (updating) record. if u visits tek-tips ONLY for FM stuff I would suggest u use FM_ONLY forum that has A LOT of good info:

All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Do you still need help on this?

Each record is primary to, the person checking out a book? The book being checked out? or the event of the book(s) being checked out?

It would seem the person would be the right answer.

How many databases are working with? Are you creating a relational connection?

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back