Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archiving Mail in Outlook 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluearmy35

Technical User
May 25, 2004
GB
I am having a problem when archiving items in outlook, i turn off autoarchive and i click on File Archive and select the folder i wish to archive, in this instance it is deleted items, so i highlight this and select to archive all files older than 1/7/04 however when i archive them it archives the majority of them but has still left some from 2 weeks before that in my deleted items folder.

Anyone any ideas of why this happens.

Also is there any way of it not putting a new archived folder within your view everytime you archive. I was wanting to archive my items to another section of my hard disk then when i wanted them back import them back in using Import/Export

Hi,
I'm having the same issue with Office 2003 Pro. When I manually archive, only a small percentage of emails are actually being archived.

Have you managed to resolve this issue and if so how.....

Thanks

Keep in mind that the autoarchive feature is based on last accessed date; not received date. Could this explain the behavior that you're seeing?

Its not on Autoarchive, this is a manual archive all auto archive settings have been turned off

Sorry, poor wording on my part.

....the archive feature is based on last accessed date....

This issue is with a 'Manual Archive' and the only options are:
Archive items older than
Include items with 'Do not AutoArchive'
Location of archive file.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Office 2003 and it still will not do a manual archive.

help..........

One reason Outlook was not archiving messages for myself was despite the fact that I set autoarchive options on the folder level, within Tools>Options>Other>Autoarchive, I did not select "Archive or delete old items" under the "During Autoarchive" section.

It appears that you have set a default archive folder in order to start the archive process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back