Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archiving headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaar

Technical User
Jun 29, 2000
GB
I have full access to my coleagues mailfile. When tried to archive some documets from his mailfile they archived but also remained in the inbox - can anyone tell me why this happened. Using R5. If I access the mailfile with is ID it works fine?

Thanks in advance Lamaar75@hotmail.com

In your archive settings there is a box that if checked then all the documents that you have responded to WILL archive but will not be deleted from the server.
Actions --> ARchive --> Settings then click on the Advanced icon make sure the second box from the bottom is UNCHECKED.

hope that helps.

Lamaar - I would check the ACL on your collegues mail file, and make sure the box is checked for "Delete Documents". I believe the default setting (even for Person/Manager)has the "Delete Documents" box unchecked, which would be a reasonable explaination for what you're experiencing.

Ron

Thank you both for your input - it is much appreciated.

Lamaar Lamaar75@hotmail.com

Lamaar,

I'm curious to know if either (or both)recommendation(s) worked for you.

Thanks.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back