Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archiving and Offline Viewing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrGreen26

MIS
Feb 23, 2000
US
I have an interesting scenario here. The department I work for would like to Archive Grouwise emails and use a third part viewer to view them without having to use the Novell Client to open the archive and view them. We want to archive the emails based on the projects we do, since I work for an engineering firm that engineers turnkey teleocmmunications networks. So you can see the delima becuase project emails can range from as little as 500 emails upwards to several thousand. The third party viewer needs to open the emails regardless of who is openeing them. Thus archiving and burning them to a cd for later viewing.

Groupwise itself is limited in that it requires the original user to login in order to access the emails, Since the emails are project related, they can be viewed by anyone.

So does anyone know of a third party email viewer for groupwise that can open a Groupwise Srchive and allow us to view the emails??

Any help would be appreciated..

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

Hello -

You may want to look at a product called GWPublisher, by The Messaging Architects. They allow full program download, that expires in 30 days.

They highlight the ability to archive email into HTML format - which sounds as though is could easily be used/viewed by pretty much anyone with a browser.

I personally haven't used it, but might be what your looking for.

Good luck.

You may also want to look at Uniaccess from It can also convert GW to HTML. I've used it to convert GW to Exchange, other e-mail conversions and to archive GW to HTML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back