Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archives and recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

suedaisy

Technical User
May 30, 2002
US
Hello. I need to access a certain archive, when I try to import it into my outlook 2000.. it says I dont have permission and it has not been defined. What am I doing wrong?

The other question is this. We desperately need to recover deleted email (permanently deleted from the recycling bin in outlook 2000). How do we go about doing that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Suzanne

By your post it sounds as though you deleted the whole .pst and not messages within a .pst. To recover the whole .pst after you have removed it from the recycle bin you can use Norton Utilities Undelete for a FAT partition and I believe there are some freeware NTFS tools but I have yet to try them. It is important that in the meantime you don't write to the hard drive containing the deleted files as you may overwrite the .pst you want to recover.

I use a package called the Forensic Tool Kit by AccessData its not as pricey as others and extremely effective at recovering deleted files in both FAT and NTFS partitions. This can be found at I beleive the cost is around $600.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back