Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

archive of incoming and outgoing mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidchip

Programmer
Jul 30, 2001
GB
I would really appreciate some help/info/pointers as to how to get sendmail (or something else in conjunction with sendmail) to keep a copy of all incoming and outgoing mail passing through sendmail.

I have spent hours trawling the web to find information on this but have so far been completely unsuccessful.

From what I can gather this feature is not available in sendmail for privacy reasons. My pupose is purely for backup - surely this is something that system admins do all the time.

I am in the firing line for not currently backing up e-mail so would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance,

David C.

OK I've just about figured out how to get procmail to store incoming mail, however, it is not storing the message with the mbox From_ mail delimiter.

So every message is tagged on to the end of the first.

Anybody have any ideas why ?

Thanks

David C.

if you got any solution for storing outgoing mail copy then inform me it will realy needed to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back