Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archive Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakujii

MIS
Jul 4, 2003
CA
Hi all,

I know how to archive messages, but is there a way to archive folders ??? I have to archive all the folders of someone and doing it by messages would take a week at that size.

thanks

Fred

You have only one life, enjoy it !!!

I've done this with both GW 5.5 and GW 6.0 and the only way is to Archive the messages. As you Archive a message it will create the folder for you but you still have to Archive the messages. On the plus side just highlite a group of messages' and Archive them all, I ususlly do about 50 at a time.

HTH
Ken

Here is what I do when I have a boatload of messages to archive....

1. open the GW client and click tools>find search for everything (by date range or gw object type apts. phone messages, notes ect.)

2. then when the find pulls all the desired results you can select al and right-click and say archive...

the most messages i have done this way is 3000...it took a little while but nonetheless it was faster than archiving one message at a time.

Tamra Graver --CNA, Network+
It is my job to comfort the disturbed
and disturb the comfortable..........

You could also turn on the auto archive feature and set the date to 1 and it would archive everything that is over 1 day old no matter where it is, only exception is that if it hits a bad record it give a d107 and stops then you have to find the bad record manually delete it then restart the client and it will continue until it finds another bad record or finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back