Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archive e-mail ... why do new folders NOT archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2002
US
Using R5, successful creation of an archive - when an e-mail is moved to a new folder (not in the original archive) it cannot be archived. The document goes to to "All Documents" but the folder is not created in the archive. If the folder is (manually) created in the archive the document still is archived to "All Documents".

That shouldn't be the case. In actaully fact when you archive a document from a newly created folder, both document and folder will be archived over to archive folder.
My thought is the lotus application is corrupted or has not been suceefully installed. Try to reinstall.

I have seen this a lot and the only way I have got round it is to rename the original folder in the mailfile, then create a new folder and move the mails to this one and delete the old one.
Notes loses the association between the archive and the mailfile as it gets the dates mixed up. If you have designer you could just move your pc clock back a couple of years, then make a design change in the archive, then set the pc clock back to the correct date and then any moves etc made since the earlier date should be archived when you next archive. I haven't tried this myself yet, as I have always gone for the rebuilding folders option.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back