Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Archive/backup Option 11c to flash card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2001
US
Can anyone give me the steps to archive (as my phone tech refers to it) or backup my 11c switch config to the flash card that inserts into the SSC card? They want way too much money to do this and I'd like to slap a 128MB card it there and do it regularly, thx in advance.........Jeff

LD 143
then type upgrade
then choose utilities
then archive data base
insert flash card into a:
type archive name> enter

Thanks brother, I'm getting the card and trying it right away!

Jeff

Hi there,
Yes of course, but how do you make it scheduled ?

Jeff,

Did you get your back up to work on the PCMCIA card? I have yet to get mine to work.

mike

Is it possible to schedule this, to backup it to a flashcard.
and how big i need the flashcard to be?

I do not think that scheduling is available. Just a word of warning. If you insert the PCMCIA card to the slot before keying LD 143 follow by Utility, your system may INI. This is what I encounter all the time... Just take note.

The files are very small a 16 or 32 meg will be just fine. But if you have multiple sites you may want a 64 meg so you can carry the card with you and back up all the sites on one card. We have a 32 meg card with 6 of our site on it with room to spare. I don't see any way to schedule this to run. As far as the INI, I guess I've been lucky cause it has not happened to me.

No Mike, I haven't had the chance to try this yet, I'll mpost results as soon as I do which should be soon....Jeff

You can also just go into LD 43 and EDD. Once thats complete, do a BKO. That writes to the card in slot B.

Hope this helps...

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back