Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCHITECT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutino

Vendor
Feb 28, 2003
AU
People,

I´m using Architect to develop our Cognos Application.
As I can see, nobody uses Architect to build catalogs, transformer model or even cq model.

Why you don´t use?

Thanks?

Architect is not dead ... yet. It's just not the best, or most efficient way to get things done. Quite a few people use Architect to build cubes and catalogs and once they have it working, it works pretty well.

flex

Hi,
I'm also using Architect to develop our Reports.
It seems that in Israel we are the only ones using Architect.
People are not technically advanced enough to use the web.
Because we are the only ones, there are a lot of problems with the tool & the support we get is really bad - they don't know anything!
Most of the departments we work with prefer to work with ImprompU because it's a tool that Cognos is fully supporting and have great experience with.
Hope this helps.
Dana

Hi all,

We are using Architect from the first version 6.0.

If you use it to design catalogs, just use: the import DB model, create Business Layer and define joins and build you package layer.

If you just use these functionalities, it is really a good tool (and I am not always very nice with Cognos tools).

We have developped very big catalogs with Architect (especially one on Oracle Financial) which would have been much more difficult to create using just Impromptu Administrator.

However, never use Arhictect to import an old catalog and restart from that. It just does not work.

If you want to use Architect (waht I strongly advise you), you have to start from scratch.

Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back