Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arc v11 Exch agent login error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2004
US
I am running Win2003 svr with Exch 2003. Brick level backups run fine. When I attempt to restore a mailbox, it bombs out saying it couldn't login to the agent. I've checked and rechecked my user and password (I'm using the user that I used to configure the exch agent), it's all good. I uninstalled and and reinstalled the agent. I logged into the server using this password so i know it works. the user has rights thru the exchange tree.

It's backing the data up, I can see it on the tape. It just doesn't want to restore it (to the same location or new locations).

Please help because I'm going crazy here.

There are two posibilities which maybe of use:

1. When you submit the restore, the first pop-up is a 'Session Username and Password',
Click on the DBAgent tap, hi-light the media and click edit.
Enter your username and password and click ok and continue.

2. The second reason follows on from the first, when entering the username for the DBAgent after you've submitted. Instead of just entering the username, enter it as follows. 'domain name\username. If your server supports pre Windows2000 pc's then use that domain name. You can get that by opening AD users and computers, right-click on your parent which is probably XXXX.local and get the properties; here you will get the domain name to use.

Hope this helps.

C.

Hiya,

I wouldnt mind knowing the outcome of that as I have the same problem, and have been unable to get around it.

Moonhoney2, what happened in the end?

Duran.

I plug you in, dim the lights
Electric Barbarella !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back