Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARC Serve 2000 Job doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi @all...

we're running an ARCServe 2000 Advanced Edition on a Windows 2000 Server.
When I add a backup or restore job to the queue with the execution time "now", the job appears in the window but won't start. There are no notifications in the activity log.
Can someone help me?

Is the job engine started? Did you try to stop and then restart the job engine? Is the licensing ok? Check the event viewer and see if there are any licensing errors in the Application log.

Shut down all arcserve engines then check taskmgr...if you see any of the engines still there (jobeng.exe,tapeng.exe,dbeng.exe) kill them off..if they don't die use the kill command with the -f switch followed by the process id#. If this doesn't work I'd suggest scheduling a reboot of the server. Sounds 99% like a hung service/process.

Another thing to check...ensure your job is submitted to an online device group.

the tape, job and database enginse are all running.
the licensing is valid, too.
the backup target and restore source is a tape libary.
i can mount, dismount and erase tapes, so i guess it's installed properly.
i'll check the task manager...

thanks so far!

hi
i am having exactly the same problem as stadmin.I am running a windows 2000 server and have just installed arcserve.When i schedule a job or try to run the job now nothing happens.
If anyone finds a solution to this problem can you please let me know.

Thanks

David

On occasions in the past when this has happened I've had to delete/recreate the job (pays to save the job as a .asx file if it happens to you regularly)..this is just a workaround, not a fix.

Hello

I have found the solution.There are a lot of patches that you need to install after installing the arcserve 2000.
The reason why mine wasnt working was because i was trying to run the backup through terminal services and you need to install a patch for arcserve before you can do this.
I dont know if this is the case for you.But after applying the patch mine worked fine.
The link to the website with the patch is

I have had the same problem. My backups were running faithfully using an .asx file. My problem showed itself when I used the restore wizard to submit a job. Unfortunately the only thing I had found that works was to stop and restart the job engine...this worked every time but was obviously a pain. I just tried the patch (QO08105.caz) and it worked like a charm!! Thanks Davlon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back