Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aragon: BCM Expansion Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelman

Technical User
Sep 28, 2002
CA
Hey Dave,

Don't have your email anymore, but I got a new cable from the Nortel plant today and I got my expansion cabinet working. A proper cable does wonders. So in further regards to your "does Norstar Suck" thread, after I got the cabinet to work I found that I have a bad port on my ASM--DOA from the factory!!

Also, after getting the cabinet up, the picture never changed to show the expansion, so right now I don't see a way to verify the cabinet.

Simon

Simon,

Bummer,

I haven't found any documentation to referring to checking the status on the expansion cabinet.
I will dig around an let you know.

The cable requirement for the expansion cabinet is a straight through CAT 5e 568B cable 16' long and shielded.

Don't even get me started on BCM upgrades!!! :(

Aragon,

Is the 16' requirement for the expansion cable a max limit or does it need to be 16' no more and no less??

The cable length is exact, any problems with the cable or changes in the length will cause problems & more problems.

NARSBARS

Hmmm...we are using also an expansion cabinet and with this we use an UTP 3M straight cable. We never had any problems. (using BCM 2.0 hardware upgraded to BCM 2.5). But maybe that could be related to having only one DSM32 module in this cabinet installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back