Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arabic reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

problemman1

Technical User
Jun 2, 2010
KW
Hi
I have a set of arabic and english report layouts created.It works well in CR viewer and also after exporting.I am using java program to generate these reports which works well with the english reports.It picks the parameters required to retrieve data from a file.and using those values it substitutes into the sql query which retrieves data.and the layout is picked with respect to the report name given in the file.and the retrieved data are placed properly and report is generated.it works successfully.

But !!!!!when i use the same program to generate arabic reports it does generate..but the arabic text all are in the reverse format. example - the cow ran..the result shown in arabic report will be like this.. anr woc eht...
the arabic language is added already in the OS(win xp). and the font used is arial. i tried with arabic transparent font also.but it gave result with quesion marks.i formattd the fields with reading pattern option checkbox checked as reading from right to left.no differene

PLS HELP!!i need to deliver the arabic reports very soon..Thanks in advance..

Right click on the field and go into Format - Field. Go to the paragraph tab and check the reading order setting.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

i did that kenhamady..but makes no difference..the reading order is right to left..

Sorry, you said that and I missed it. Not sure where else to send you on this one.

This might require a support incident ($200 but only if they solve it).

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Without thinking too hard about the problem, or implications, but heres a quick suggestion, for whats its worth

Have you tried using the string reverse function?

k.

Yes I was aware, but it is difficult to replicate this problem quickly, on our 'normal' systems

Which is why I preceded my suggestion the way I did

But if you have a report

{TABLE.field1} {TABLE.field2} {TABLE.field3}

which generates
"..........nar woc eht"
instead of
"The cow ran.........."

then maybe you could write several formulae

StrReverse({TABLE.field3})
StrReverse({TABLE.field2})
StrReverse({TABLE.field1})

Then wrap them up in a text box, and left justify.

But I don't know if this ugly solution will work in this case. It may do if it is a really simple report.

k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back