Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

APS Clustering

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghlssean

Programmer
May 16, 2003
US
Hi all. I am struggling to understand some oddities. My Operations department has added a couple of layers to the Crystal cluster (2 dual processor boxes). They've added IIS clustering as well as a load balancing tool called Server Iron. When I look at the services, I see 2 aps's. Server-A.aps & Server-B.aps. Is this what I should see? Also, the load balancer seems to limit a request to one machine and only 2 of the 4 available processors are handling the request. Is that as it should be? Thanks.

The 2 APS's are the way it should be in your situation. However, I am not sure about processors question.

Not quite sure why there is an implementation of Server Iron in place. The OS is designed to load balance the CPU's

It sounds like this might be getting in the way of how the CPU's are being called into action and is limiting the true clustering nature.

If this were my situation, I would remove the Server Iron form the mix and see what happens. I have also not done any IIS clustering so am not sure how this may affect you.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back