Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Approach 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyW

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2000
US
I've had a nagging print problem with Approach since I upgraded to XP. It does not occur with Windows 98.

IBM would not help with the issue until I upgraded to Smartsuite 98. This did not resolve the problem. IBM again would not discuss the problem unless I purchased a one year service agreement. I did, explained the problem to IBM Tech Support who verified the error. I was told they would pass it on to the next level of support. Since that time IBM would not respond to explain their resolution.

When there are two databases open I can only print to the local printer on LPT1. If I attempt to send any printed document to another driver such as a network printer, paperport, winfax, etc. the job sits in the printer queue.

I can delete the job from the queue, it does not actually delete the job it just sits there showing deleted and will dissappear if I exit approach. Once I mark it delete the next job sent to the same printer driver will print.

The only way to not have the problem is to have only one database open then the job will go to any driver.

I have had a similar problem with printers, ive even downloaded the new drivers for all my printers. I found that when you print and the print job just sits there spooling, print the job again and it prints fine. this is a problem with lotus, as to what their going to do about it,i dont know. give it ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back