Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

apprchtx.dll error only on 1 computer using Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelmo

MIS
Sep 2, 2008
US
My complex application works on 4 other computers perfectly, but on 1 computer when I go to ANY report the apprchtx.dll error occurs and kills my program.
I have uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled/rebooted and get the same error. It only happens on the 1 computer and on ANY Approach database. HELP PLEASE?

Some things to check:

1) Printer driver. You must have a default printer set up on a system for Approach to work properly. If you have one, reinstall or update the driver for it.

2) You can copy the file apprchtx.dll from a computer that works correctly to the one where it fails. It is possible that another software install on that computer has back-leveled the file. It is a common dll that controls text objects.

3) Reboot the computer and start Approach before any other program. See if the error occurs in this situation. If it does not, then another software program is loading its own copy of apprchtx.dll into memory and prevents Approach from getting the correct version. You can then look at what is loading before Approach to see where the problem is coming from.

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back