Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying Service Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISAdmin

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
Back in the days of NT4, you couldn't apply the same Service Packs to a Terminal Services Edition NT4 server that you could apply to a regular NT4 server.

Now that Terminal Services is integrated with 2000 Server, I'm assuming that they do not have seperate service packs. I'm assuming that there is no problem installing 2000 SP2 on a 2000 Server installed with Terminal Services and running Citrix XP

You're right. For Windows 2000 there is one sp whether you have Citrix or not.

You assume right but be careful there has been some issues with service pack3 and citrix metaframe xp there is suppose to be a few problems but not hundred perecent sure can anyone verify this.

On a citrix seminar they told that you'd better NOT install Microsoft SP3 but stick with SP2 until either SP3a will be launched or SP4 will be out. When this will happen they couldn't say, but they assume: very fast :)

I think SP3 screwed up client printing for a lot of people, including me, so the advice from the seminar is good IMHO.

Although having SP3 on the TS licensing server means that TS client licenses assigned after the service pack was installed will be freed after a period of time if you stop using a particular machine as a thin client. Shame it doesn't apply to the TS CALS dished out before SP3.

I have applied SP3, and yes, there has been troubles with printing. Didn´t know that it was SP3 that could destroy it.

Is it for sure that it will destroy the printing?

How do you remove the SP3 from the servers?

Removing SP3 only works if you made backup files when applying SP3. It's an option you can check when you apply sp3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back