Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying exchange 5.5 SP4 to OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsys

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hi,

I am unable to successfully apply the latest exchange 5.5 service pack on my Outlook Web Access (OWA)server machine. The details are as follows:

The OWA machine is an NT4 server machine (a member server in the same NT domain as my exchange server)running IIS, with the latest NT service pack. When I try to install exchange service pack 4 onto this machine, it starts the 'update' process, copies the files and then towards the end gives me the message:

"Outlook web access failed to install properly". When I click OK, it then says:

"An unknown error has occured.
unknown facility
Error ID no:076a-c00e7450"

and it stops the installation.

I have an antivirus on this machine, which I disabled during this installation. But still no difference.

OWA by itself is working fine on this machine. The problem is I am unable to apply SP4 onto it. Incidentally, my exchange 5.5 server has the latest exchange service pack.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you can give me in this regard.

Thanks a lot, folks!

Try applying the service pack for NT again and then reapply the service pack for OWA

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I already found the solution to the problem from another kind soul.

Anyway, thanks very much for your response and yes, what you suggested was the exact solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back