Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apply filter button on form

Status
Not open for further replies.

angiew

Technical User
Jun 22, 2000
US
I hava form that will be used to filter a query.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would like the users to only use buttons on the form, not on a toolbar.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is an &quot;Edit Filter&quot; button on the form that takes the user to the Filter by Form window to make the criteria choices.&nbsp;&nbsp;In this window, I would like the user to be able to click a button to apply the filter options that have been chosen.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have make an &quot;Apply Filter&quot; button using the wizard, but none of the buttons are available in the Filter by Form window - they are &quot;greyed out&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;Does anyone know how to change this so the Apply Filter button is available for use?<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Angie Wenzel<br>

Angie, having same problem. Did you have any joy with this?

Dom from UK

Angie & Dom, I don't think that you can make the button available for use but there is a workaround that I've used:

Create a new shortcut menu for the form which has the apply filter/sort command on it. This will then be available in the filter by form window. You can change the text/image so that it fits in with your 'scheme'. Robbo ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back