Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applications Module "POST" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigoihor

Technical User
Mar 27, 2003
CA
Does anyone know the Red Led codes for the NVM
SBC. Cannot find it at IBM site.

Thank's

Bob

All I remember is 7F is missing Operatins System. I hope that helps.

Nam

I looked up a Phoenix BIOS codes - that seemed to be the closest thing - and added some over the years. For example, 7A means there is no hard drive connected.

Take a look at the codes when it boots up, and do a search on Google, you'll get your best match.

-= Beer is food! Is it suppertime? =-
If ya like the info on the posts - rate them helpful!

Thanks to all will research further

Bob

why don't you hook up a monitor keyboard and mouse to it. that could shed some light on what is going on if it is a hardare problem. Especially if you can't interpret the code from the led display. The NVM is running OS/2 Warp but the hardware is that of a basic pc. Motherboard, hard drive, keyboard controller, mouse controller. I was fortunate to have these ports. Maybe you are too. They are on the bottom by the power supply.

Thank's, but this unit does not have a video
port on it?? Will try a dumb terminal.

Bob

A standard ISA video card will work in the NAM. Simply power off and insert into any ISA slot. Depending on the vintage of your NAM there may be a set of 9 dip switches on the main computer board. If so, set switch 8 to the up position to enable video. Then you can watch the bootup sequence to see where the problem lies.

Brian Cox

Thank's Brian,

We did the video earlier, but didn't realize the dip switches. Finding anything about this SBC from IBM is non existing. We took your advice and it worked. We also found that when you boot up the red LED numbers also appear on the top right corner. Two things how can we get a boot disk for changes of configuration/set up. And the other is what do all of the dip switches represent. Thank's for the big start.

If you add a keyboard and mouse to the NAM you should be able to press F1 during POST to enter setup. Not sure what the other dip switches do. I'll check on Monday when I get to work to see if I have any other info.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back