Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application will not run internally - PS4 Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRPGroup

MIS
Jun 22, 2005
CA
I have an application "Simply Accounting" that when ran using an UNC or mapped drive from any workstaion on your network it runs fine.

I have created a new published app and pointed using an UNC from PS4. But when I try to run the program from the Web Interface (WI) I get the following error.

Out of system resources. Close some windows or applications.

The strange thing is when I connect from an external computer using the same WI the app runs fine.

I have not tried actually fully installing the app but thought since the app runs fine using just a UNC, I figured this was not neccessary.

Any suggestions?

DOes it work when running it directly from the server console or over terminal services? (eliminating any citrix screwups firstly)

On the citrix servers ahve you run a drive remapping (so the server C:\ drive is now M:\?)

I can run it using the Start-Run using UNC and it runs fine from the TS console.

I did not run the drive remapping.

To clarify the app is not on the Citrix server, it was pushed installed onto an Apps server from a workstation. Which up to this point has ran fine from any workstation using just a shortcut to the .exe file.

I even have a MS TS that is just using a shortcut as well.

I also tried the Citrix in full desktop and then ran the simply accounting shortcut and it ran fine. I just can't seem to get the app published through the citrix management console. I have a couple other apps that I have successfully publish on the mgt console that are not installed, direct links to the .exe file and they work fine.

in order to get a program running from the UNC path and published in citrix i added the following for the "application locaiton"
"\\servername\image$\fixup.exe"

including the quotes... if its launching through TS and Citrix full desktop, i would assume its the way its published...

dont use mapped drives (from memory there was somethign about them not being connected before the program was launched?)

See if this helps :)
cheers and lets know

If I try to add the Quotes to Cmd Line field on the Application Location page, I get the error "File names cannot contain any of the following charactors: /*?"..etc

Correction, the Cmd Line can have them but the working directory doesnt like quotes. But it still doesn't launch the Simply Accounting program.
I get the normal logon scripts then a popup with the title and the following error msg.
Simply Accounting
Out of system resources. Close some windows or applications.

I am the only one connected to the server and this is the only app running. I can at the same time run Simply Accounting from the server console using a UNC and it works fine.

Also I am still able to logon from an External computer to our network through the Citrix Gateway as the same user and launch the Simply program no problem.

I thing I checked the right spot.
On the properties of the Farm under Memory/CPU Utilization Mgt both check boxes are uncheck and the server properites are set to use the Farm settings.

We have done furhter testing and the results are a bit strange. We have a few computer (all XP Pro) that
work fine while internal and Simply Accounting runs.
We thought maybe it was a GPO but the working computers are in the same GPO as the computers that do not work. Since we are testing with the same user account all the time, its should not be user permission.

Is there a log that may show the errors for citrix session, I have looked in the Windows server & workstation events and there is nothing.

The error we get when Simply Fails to load is.
Title - Simply Accounting
Msg - Out of system resources. Close some windows or applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back