Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application to change variables in CM3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickd87

Technical User
Jan 18, 2006
AU
Hi there

I am wanting to write an application that can change Variables in Vectors (VIV) on a Communication Manager 3.1.5 system. I have looked at DevConnect et al and all of the examples seem to deal with call control and things like that.

I don't want to have an application that can answer calls etc, I just want to be able to set variables in CM. For example, I want to say make the variable A = 1 and so on.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks

Nick

If you set a Global rather than local variable you can then call the vdn and have the vector set the value you want.

You could have a collect digit statement in the vector and then depending on the input, increment the vector variable based on this input.

What is the overall reason for needing the variable set. You might be over complicating this process, then again you might be about to invent a genious new method of doing something :)

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Are you looking to set the variable from an application or just need to change it from a SAT session?

If you need an application there are a couple of options.

I have written an emulator interface (currently only supports telnet with plans for ssh) and can set it up to run specific processes from command line. Lets me do a lot of neat things such as creating the agent ID's in CMS by pulling them from PBX or getting a 'list registered' so I can see how many phones are currently in each network-region.

You also have the option of scripting though Avaya's Terminal Emulator (like Terranoava). Just depends on what you are trying to do and how you want to accomplish it.

Another option would be to set up vectors to control the variables and use a TAPI program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back