Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Server VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBear

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2013
US
Does anyone have any "unsupported" solutions to upgrading existing AppServer installations that are in a Hyper-V VM? Trying to boot from the DVD/iso just results in a near-immediate kernel panic.

Have you tried using the supported method, loading the iso from Client?

Use the web management to start the process.
Solution> Actions> Transfer ISO> Client machine
Then Solution> Actions> Upgrade> *big cup of coffee* > Finalize the upgrade.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

These are upgrades from 8.1 to 9.1. I don't remember seeing those options in 8.1 web control, but will take another look in the morning. Thanks Gunnaro!

It is available in R8.1 also. Did it a few times with server edition servers. Have a look into Server Edition Web manager documentation where to find the option in solution view menu.

Some times I had problems to upload ISO through Web interface and uploaded it to the servers directory /opt/Avaya/
You have the option to transfer ISO from primary server path. There you have to chose /opt/Avaya/abe....iso. But remember the path is case sensitive.

We were able to upgrade, and are now seeing this issue. We can login to the command line console as root and as Administrator, but when trying to log into web control, the user is set to "root" (greyed out and can't change) and the password is not accepted. I used the console to reset the root and Administrator accounts, but these passwords aren't accepted by web control URL on port 7070. Console says configuration is on port 7069, but that doesn't pull up in a browser. I appear to be stuck! Any suggestions?

Did you try to login as root with password Administrator?

Yes, tried all the defaults we know, plus existing and past passwords. Strange that I can login from the command line, but not from the web!

There is an option to reset the security settings on the server edition so this might also be an option on the apps server.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Reboot the system, go to :7070 and login as security / securitypwd (or what you changed it to
You should be able to change the passwords then.

There's a standard password as well, "changeit01", if you default the security settings.

You may just have to reinstall from scratch, doesn't take that much time really.
I assume you made a backup before you started.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back