Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application server R9 Voicemail Pro Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRISTIAN

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2009
MT
Cannot seem to find the restore button for voicemail pro in App server R9. There used to be a restore button in version 8.1, cannot see on this version.

I managed to put the backup in the immediate backup folder on the linux installation, all that is left is this restore but cant find it. Also cannot seem to find a manual for application server R9.

Anyone encoutered this pls?

It's under "settings--general" about half way down the page.

appserverrestore.png

thanks. For some reason I do not have backup and restore option!

I think something might be wrong with my Voicemail service. It looks green in status with other services but am not getting this option "Backup and Restore". I can see Web Control, and just below it I have Voicemail Settings. Babbling....

Bristian, you need to put the packup in the other backup folder if it is from a different server.
If you made a backup with the VMPro client than it should appear.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

to test folder I made two other backups with current server. I shared immediate folder via Linux and can se those two backups created in the immediate folder from my windows pc by accessing the share. Thus that alone should make the option appear I guess. I am suspecting the VM Pro service is acting funny.

you need to use something like WinSCP to dump your backup to /opt/vmpro/Backup/Scheduled/OtherBackups for the restore button to do anything on the Apps server.

Ok I'll share that folder too through Linux, put my backup there and let you know. cheers for the help.

sharing it on the network isn't a good idea. Enable root SSH access in the sshd_conf file and then transfer the files using SSH (I prefer using WinSCP from a Windows box)

nnaarnn, why enable root access? that is a security issue.
Copy the files to the /home/Administrator folder and use putty to move it to the correct folder.
But when a local backup is being made then the backup is in the right folder already.
The restore button should work fine in that case.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

fair enough. I enable root SSH access temporarily to copy direct to the folder. Once I'm done, I disable root SSH access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back