Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application results different when inside Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarmody

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
US
Greetings:

Yesterday (with help from Tek tip!) I added functionality to an Access database to call some mail software from Pitney Bowes and proecesss process addresses in an Access table. The message box from this software indicates that I have 2 records with errors. If I look at the reports from the software it tells me what errors were logged. However, the error field isn't updated on the records in error. When I use the command line method(start/run/enter command/OK) the error codes ARE correctly set.

I would love to be able to get Access to run this process for me. I've tried 2 ways to call the Pitney Bowes software: the run App from a Macro and the Shell command. Both ways, the file is processed with the same results, the error code isn't set. I really need to be able to identify which records have errors so we can fix them.

Does anyone have any ideas??????

Thanks -

I guess I'll partially answer my own question. If I split my macro into 2 separate macros everything works! So I guess maybe its a timing issue. Is there any way to add a wait or pause between steps in a Macro?

JC

What is your actual code (with the Shell function) ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Here is my shell code:

CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Run """c:\program files\pitney bowes smartmailer\WPCM.EXE"" -F:""C:\program files\pitney bowes smartmailer\envelope requests\daily scrub\scrub.dbf""", , True

I'm not certain what I'm trying to do is possible. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

JC

You may add the following after the call:
DoEvents

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back