Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application not visible 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrekBiker

Technical User
Nov 26, 2010
GB
I have an application installed but when I try to run it all I get is an icon in the Taskbar showing it's open. But it isn't visible on my extended desktop. How can I view it?

Other forum answere say to rest the mouse on the task bar icon then right click the mini window that opens. I only get Minimise and Close. If I minimise I then see Restore, which goes back to showing Minimise and Close.

Use the old-style keyboard interface.

Assuming it's just got itself positioned off-screen somewhere, try
[tt]alt-space R[/tt]
This will make the app be no longer maximised (or do nothing).

[tt]alt-space M[/tt], [tt]then any arrow key[/tt]
This will activate the move window control, which initially takes its cue from the cursor keys.
However, once grabbed, you can move the mouse, at which point the window will jump to where the mouse is.

--
If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.

'Cascade windows' didn't do the trick but ALT + Space then M did! Many thanks, the app was off screen to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back