Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

application icon 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyf

Programmer
Jun 15, 2007
GR
Hello everybody.
I have created an application in vb6 and i want to change the icon of executable file because i don't like it and because i am going to create a setup file. So, after setting up the program in a computer the icon of program would be the default executable file's vb6 icon. Does anybody know where can i find icons and how can i change the default executable file's vb6 icon to another icon?

Thank you
in advanced

In VB6, go to:
Projects -- Project1 Properties... Make tab, and in Application frame you can choose Icon that is assigned to any Form in your App. And this will be an icon for your EXE.

Have fun.

---- Andy

Typically for a VB6 EXE the Startup Form's icon is used by default. You can also choose the icon from another form in the project via the Project Properties' Make tab.

There are other ways to set the EXE icon via a Resource file too.

VB6 came with a small set of icons you might use. There are still a few web sites that offer free downloadable icons as well. Most people use a dedicated icon editor or a general-purpose graphics tool that supports creating multi-image .ICO files. With this they create their own custom icons.

Thank you both of you.
Dilettante can you give me the sites of free downloadable icons please? Where can i find icon editor or a general-purpose graphics tool? Do you know? Does anybody knows?

You might take a look at but I'd be cautious considering the URL.

In general try Google or some other search engine with a search expression like free icon editor and you should find some. I use a now-not-free one that's a little obsolete so I won't recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back