Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Hangs When Installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliebrown07

Technical User
Aug 15, 2007
US
I have this Application I have to install on a Vista machine. The application is called GeoAccess by Ingenix.
So I beging to setup, I put my product key, serial number ect, then a window popsup saying "Please Wait While Installer Finishes Determining Your DiskSpace Equirements" and I just hangs there. The computer doesnt freeze or the application but it just stays there with the hour glass working. I waited a long time to see if that was the case a nothing. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

GeoAccess seems to be a suite of products, which one exactly do you have? Have you gone to Ingenix to find out if the product supports Vista?

You could have faulty install media, and you could have faulty hardware.

Are you sure GeoAccess isn't software designed for a SERVER and not a workstation?

Ok I have geonetworks 7.6
I just got off the phone with Ingenix and they dont offer any support for vista at all.They havent even tested on vista. How can I determine if I have faulty install media?
This is a Dell Inspiron, Intel core2 duo, 2 gigs of ram. Brand new out of the box.

You can also try installing on another non-Vista machine to see if your media is faulty. If it works on the other machine, it's probably a compatibility issue with Vista.

If the manufacturer of the software hasn't even tested it with Vista, you pretty much have your answer though - it's not compatible.

Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back