Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warnie

Technical User
Oct 4, 2001
US
Hello,

I am working on a large VB application which is using a lot of third party controls. I have a large set of menus which lead to different forms. On one particular option, I am getting a new error from today. The error being:

---------------------------
vb6.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x0bca3699" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
OK Cancel

When I choose Cancel, it took me to VC++ giving the message
Microsoft Visual C++
Unhandled exception in VB6.EXE (PVOUTLOOKBAR.OCX): 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
OK

It is to be noted that PVOUTLOOKBAR is a third party control I am using. Is there a problem with it? Kindly enlighten.

Thanks,
Warnie

Well, I would get back with the author/distributor of this OCX... [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

i have had this type of error occur (many times) with dll's (that i've written) that either got bad parameters or generated an exception due to some incorrect assumption being made about the data being passed into the dll. so i would agree with cclint, call the supplier of the ocx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back