Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Bulider

Status
Not open for further replies.

andkas

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2008
US
Hello,
I am having an issue with Application builder.
I am running app builder Build 5.00.41.167 on three computers.
I was able to run app builder an edit any app ID form any of the computers.
The problem is now I can only open and edit apps from one computer, if I try to open apps from the other two computers I receive an error "Error opening selected file" at it locks the file.
I am still able to unlock the file and edit it from the one computer.

Thank you
Andy

Are you closing the file in the computer that works before you try to open in the computers that will not work? Could be as simple as you cannot open in two places at once, which makes sense, though I have no easy way to try this right now.

Yes the file is closed , Application builder is closed as well. I can connect to the server on the other two but cannot open files.

any chance these are corp P.c's & have they recently run an antivirus update?

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Any chance of connecting a win xp machine to your network to run the same app?

Scott UK

The PC that it working on is Windows 7, We no longer run XP since it is not supported by Microsoft.
The antivirus is the same on all three pc's running windows 7. I get the same message when I try it on Windows 8
Even if I re-install App builder on a new pc running Windows 7 it will not open the files.
It seems that it will only run from that one PC,like call pilot will only allow the connection from that one computer

Ok, the only time ive seen something like this was via a corp OS s'ware update or a anti virus update. Any chance you could compare the builds between a working machine & a non worker?

Scott UK

The builds are the same on all three pc's

I had a customer yesterday with the same issue. We installed the latest App Builder CP501S02G02A and it fixed the issue. He also had the
5.00.41.167 and it would not work.

I tried Build version 5.01.02.02 same error, I am still only able to open and run app builder from one pc

Is your telephone system \ call pilot in a DMZ? If so ask your techies to check the firewall?

What else has changed on those machines recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back