Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigmo36

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
I recently had a problem where I couldn't open apps (menus), but I found how to fix that, by going to the server machine and looking for errant *.ed files in the File Transfer folder. I can now open all apps, but now I can't create a new app. Keeps telling me, "The System could not load the application from the server. Please check the connection to the server and try again." when I try to name and create a new app. The number and name do not exist, so that's not it. Any consideration would be deeply appreciated. Thanks and God bless you all!

zigmo36

Thanks very much for your links, Curlycord! I checked them all out, and still no luck fixing the problem so far. I've tried all the deleting the temporary *.ed files and such to no avail, hooked up an old computer I used to do this stuff with, etc. The problem remains that I can open all my apps (menus) and change them fine, but when I go to create a new one, I get the old "The System could not load the application from the server. Please check the connection to the server and try again."

Anybody got any new ideas?

Thanks and God bless us all!

zigmo36

you may get latest applicaiton bulder and try. It may be fixed in new appbuilder.

make sure you create it based on the last app ID+1, if you try to make it within a the range, you get the error sometimes.

1000, 1001, 1004 if you try to make 1002, it will fail, if you make 1005 it would work.....

Got it figured out. You've just gotta make sure there are no *.ed files anywhere on the server or the client PC.

zigmo36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back