Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application builder restart prompt with tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhill7000

Technical User
Sep 6, 2005
US
Don't shoot the messenger. I've explained how terribly inadequate the system my company is proposing is, however; I'm not high enough on the food chain to make a difference.

Our company wants an automatic dialer to make outbound calls to customers overnight and leave a message on their answering machine. Instead of spending the money to purchase a real dialer they have decided to let our developers (we have in house programmers) design one themselves. I know they'll end up having to buy one anyway but that's the story.

I have setup a test in the application builder to restart the message when any tone is received. Unfortunately it does not restart when an answering machine picks up. Is there a way to do that?

no, not that i know of.. your analog interface needs a play file from a wav.. waitfor asup will trigger that file.. don't know the app your inhouse people are using, but you can build that app in procomm aspect scripting.. java would work, but if they are using java they shouldn't need the cp.. one problem with cp is ports.. a miran with broadcast would fit better IF the msg needs to live in the switch.. i would put it on the server, not the switch.. good luck and tell then not to call my house

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John. It's not cold calling as far as I know. It's calling current customers to let them know of promotions.

Ok, what would be a good progam that would allow us to design one ourselves? All on the server per John's advice.

Any suggestions on a program that would allow for this functionality? Paid or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back