Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder CP 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panchanka

Programmer
Oct 20, 2003
CA
Hello Everyone,

Installed Call Pilot''s Application Builder 03.03.06.02 for CP 3.0 on my desktop. Selected LAN to connect to server and when I put in my server name "callpilot" it resolved the IP prior to login.

When I launch app builder from my desktop I get "Could not connect to AOS server".

If I go to the CP web client, click tools, click Application Builder, I get "Server not available.Please check connection".

I am able to connect to the CP server from my desktop using remote desktops, and nothing is being dropped on the firewalls, so that rules out any network issues.

Is anyone familiar with the error messages above? All I want to to is upload a .wav file to play as an announcement in a symposium script, is there a way to do it without app builder?

The CallPilot web server and the CallPilot could be two different servers with two different IP addresses. I have it set up like this. Also, remote desktops and Application Builder could be using different ports at the same IP address, so there may still be network issues.

Look in the system event viewer for a DCOM error 10009.

The details should say something about unable to communicate with computer xxx using any of the configured protocols.

If this is the error for you the fix is.....
Run dcomcnfg
Select component services, computers, my computer
Right-click, properties
Select the General tab and make sure the check box " enable DCOM on this computer" is checked
Select the default protocols tab and make sure " Connection Oriented TCP/IP" is selected and is on top of the list.
Apply your changes and exit.
Reboot

Thanks for the info Engine1. I gave that a try and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back